TNS Global Q3 2016 Telephone Survey Methodology
TNS Global Q3 2016 Telephone Survey statistics are based on telephone interviews with 1,769 respondents who had advertised at least one job on either totaljobs or jobsite.co.uk between January & June 2016 in locations across the UK.
Interviews were conducted Jul-Aug 2016 by independent market research agency TNS, co-commissioned by totaljobs and jobsite.co.uk. Respondents were asked for their recollection of the response they received from advertising a specific role through various sources*. Respondents who had advertised multiple roles were asked about their most recently advertised role. Only respondents who reported that the recruitment status of the role was either finished or nearly finished were asked the question about whether any candidates had been hired. If requested, respondents were unable to learn who commissioned the research until after giving all of their answers. Any response which was greater than 1.96 times the standard deviation greater than the average response was deemed an outlier and removed from the sample.
The findings from this research are presented in two ways:
- Headline Results – show the average response given when considering all respondents who reported using a particular advertising source.
- Head to Head Comparisons – compare advertising sources to each other one at a time and only consider responses where the respondent reported advertising the exact same job across both sources being compared.
Any claims comparing totaljobs to its ‘nearest competitor’ are exclusive of job boards owned by Stepstone Group and only consider competitors listed in the table below. A summary of the headline results of the telephone survey, together with the relevant questions asked of respondents, is shown below.
TNS Global Q3 2016 Telephone Survey – Headline Results Summary
|Any Recruitment Status|
|Respondents who reported using...||No. of respondents||Avg. no. of Applications per Job Advertised||Avg. no. of Interview Invitations per Job Advertised|
|Total Sample Size||1,769|
|Recruitment Status = Finished or Almost Finished|
|Respondents who reported using...||No. of respondents||Avg. no. of Hires per Job Advertised|
|Total Sample Size||981|
Click here to download the full results set in Microsoft Excel format. The full results set contains additional cross-sections of the data based on various characteristics of either the role or advertiser, plus also contains the head to head comparison results.
* Respondents were asked the following questions:
- Through which of the following did you post this specific job?
- MyJobs (e.g. myglasgowjobs or mymanchesterjobs)
- Other online source (Please specify)
- Newspapers / printed media
- Other offline source like TV or Radio
- Company website
- Internal applicant
- Referral program
- Your own contacts (professional or personal)
- Other internal source (Please specify)
- Head hunter / External Recruitment Company / Recruitment Agency
- JobCentre Plus
- Campus / University contacts
- Other external professional (Please specify)
How many candidates have APPLIED for [INSERT FIELD WITH NAME OF JOB] via [ANSWER Q1]? If you don’t know the exact number, please give your best estimate.
How many of these [ANSWER Q3] job applicants were INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW? If you don’t know the exact number, please give your best estimate.
How many of these [ANSWER Q3] job applicants were HIRED or are ABOUT TO BE HIRED? If you don’t know the exact number, please give your best estimate.